Thursday, February 23, 2012

Decorganizing



"I went to the new flagship Compartment Store on Fifth Avenue and bought everything I need to get my life in order.


There was a stacker thing to separate your junk mail from your humidifier catalogs, a thing you stick on your laptop that holds your keys, a round plastic deal that holds your shoes with a pocket for a photograph of what shoes are in there.


I'm going to become wonderful. It's a new beginning, like a phoenix rising..."

(Liz Lemon, 30 Rock)


Décor organizing has been all the rage for the last few seasons. For a simple, attractive, and cheap storage solution, I turned to a cardboard module in high availability at my house- disposable diaper boxes. Covered with contact paper for a decorative finish, they ended the teetering piles of sweaters on my closet shelf.

No comments: