Sandwiches and sandwich-like:
- Peanut butter (or sunflower butter or almond butter) banana roll-ups. Spread peanut butter on a tortilla and roll a banana up inside.
- Banana dogs. Put a banana in a hot dog bun. Add pbj as "condiments."
- Bagel and cream cheese. Put the cream cheese on the side to avoid sogginess.
- Sandwich Skewers. Cheese, bread pieces and veggies on a skewer. Serve with dip. For a mini version use toothpicks for skewers.
- Tuna salad (can be fun in a pita or a lettuce wrap)
- Egg salad (ditto)
- Cheddar apple sandwiches on baguette
- Veggie wraps with a cream cheese spread (roasted garlic and cheddar, garden veggie or herb cream cheese spread and your choice of veggies)
- Cold veggie pizza (roll out crescent dough in a sheet, bake and cool. Spread with ranch dressing and top with cold, chopped veggies and shredded cheddar or colby cheese)
- Pita with hummus or baba ganoush
Snack options: (Combine several and you have yourself a meal)
- Fruit and cheese skewers
- Hard boiled eggs
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins or cream cheese and black olives
- Whole grain crackers
- String cheese
- Yogurt (Greek yogurt has more protein)
- Build it yourself yogurt parfaits with yogurt, fruit and granola in separate containers
- Fruit and walnut salad with yogurt for dipping (think McDonald's, but homemade)
- Cheeses of the World (we did this once for about a month, trying different cheeses from different countries. It keeps the cheese + bread combo fresh.) So many options! Brie, Gouda, Manchego, Paneer, Queso Fresco.... the list goes on)
- Breads of the world. Rye krisp, naan, pita, pumpernickel, caraway rye, tortillas, baguette...
- Veggies and dip
- Soft pretzels
- Apple slices with peanut butter
- Dried fruits
- Trail mix
Thanks to Stephanie for the fun ideas! (You'll also want to check out her family's Lenten devotion, under "Real" in this post.)