Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lucy Learns to Sew: Project 2

The progress continues,

Pattern:
Simplicity New Look 6872, Option B ($3.99, Joann)

Fabric:
2ish yards, won at parish raffle

Other Notions:
Interfacing (1/2 yard @ .99)
Red thread (1/4 spool @ $2.29)
2 yards of 1 1/2" Ribbon ($1.17)
Hook and Eye: (1 @ $1.29 a dozen)

Total Cost: $6.22
Time: About 4 hours, at least half of which was because I sewed by hand
New Sewing Techniques: interfacing, zipper

Comments: I picked a trendier cut for this skirt because the fabric looks very dated, so my net effect is "vintage."

2 comments:

Mary Liz said...

I love it! Beautiful!

Daniela said...

You inspired me to open the latest addition to my sewing library, The Best Apron Book Ever, and browse patterns that result in truly feminine works of art! They can also be viewed at Clotilde's website.

Yours is a wonderful creation!