Monday, November 9, 2009

Just another day in the life of a Church Lady


This was the scene in my laundry a couple of weeks ago. I should note that I'm not, at the moment, a parish sacristan or anything of the sort; they just sort of found their way over to me. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

A couple of tips I've learned from experience: dish soap + a bit of scrubbing seems to be the best way to remove lipstick from a purificator (and, please, if you're going to be receiving under both species, keep the lipstick light, both in the application and the color!). Secondly, if you find yourself in such a situation, and without laundry starch, just fold the linens straight out of the washing machine and press them on a good, hot setting. The steam leaves them nice and crisp.

No comments: