Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Little Easter Happiness

Therese emailed me this video today from the 10:00 am Easter Mass at Notre Dame. It's a beautiful liturgy in just about every way, and I highly recommend watching or listening to at least some of it. It's especially meaningful to me, however, since I'm that alto standing directly behind the organ, right side. If you're only watching part of it (it's a big file and, well, I can't really expect that many people will actually watch the entire thing), I would highly recommend skipping to the Victimae and Gospel Acclamation (beginning immediately after the second reading). I believe I described that part of the Mass, only half-jokingly, as "the pinnacle of my existence". It gives me chills to listen to it even now, and standing right next to the organ was indescribable. Christ is risen. Now go listen to some good choral music.

No comments: