Some of our favorite meatless meals are in the "breakfast for dinner" category. They're typically cheap and fast - two valuable commodities for our busy family! This one got high ratings and is one I'll be sure to make again.
2 tbls. packed brown sugar
2 tbls. butter
1/4 ts. cinnamon
1 med. apple, peeled and sliced thin
2 large eggs
1/2 c flour
1/2 c milk
1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9 inch pie plate, melt butter (in microwave or oven) and brush it over the bottom and sides.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the bottom.
- Arrange apples over sugar.
- Mix eggs, flour, milk, and salt. Do not overbeat or the pancake may not puff.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffy and golden brown.
- Loosen sides and turn upside down on a serving plate. Serve immediately.
Serves one adult or two kids.