Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)




Whatever did not fit in with my plan did lie within the plan of God. I have an ever deeper and firmer belief that nothing is merely an accident when seen in the light of God, that my whole life down to the smallest details has been marked out for me in the plan of Divine Providence
and has a completely coherent meaning in God’s all-seeing eyes.
And so I am beginning to rejoice in the light of glory
wherein this meaning will be unveiled to me.

(St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross)


St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, a martyr and brilliant scholar, is a wonderful example of feminine genius and an inspiration to the Church Ladies. Read more about her life here.


Going to be at Our Lady's University this winter? Here's a sneak peek at the 6th annual Edith Stein Project Conference, an annual conference that addresses various issues of gender, sexuality, and human dignity by exploring what it means to be authentic women and men. The 2012 conference theme is "Encountering Vulnerability: Courage, Hope and Trust in the 21st Century."



No comments: