4 cups ½-inch cubed zucchini (about 22 ounces)
1 ½ cups chopped onion
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes in juice
1 pound of cavatappi (or other dried pasta)
7 ounces of pesto
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, onion and garlic and sauté until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices and simmer until almost all liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. (al dente) Drain; return to pot.
- Add pesto to pasta and toss to coat.
- Add zucchini mixture and toss over low heat to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.